• New CPU Board — The Ectane 2’s new board (100% Eddyfi) has a faster CPU, which delivers more punch for ultrafast probe nulling and real-time processing. This greatly contributes to making quality inspections with the Ectane 2 easier than ever before with any technology combination, whether it is ECT, ECA, TECA, RFT, NFT, NFA, MFL, or IRIS.
Benefit 1 — Portability and autonomy
The Ectane 2 test instrument is approximately 10 L (688 in3) in volume and weighs in at 6.8 kg (15 lb), making it about three times more compact than other legacy test instruments. The Ectane 2 is therefore easy to carry beyond being rugged. The instrument is also battery powered — 8 hours of autonomy eliminates the need for an external power source.
Benefit 2 — Built-in technological versatility
Non-destructive testing of tubing and surfaces relies on a number of techniques, which often depend on the application and the materials involved. Use the Ectane 2’s built-in capabilities with almost any combination of the following testing technologies, according to your needs:
- Eddy current testing (ECT)
- Eddy current array (ECA)
- Tangential eddy current array (TECA™)
- Remote-field testing (RFT)
- Near-field testing (NFT)
- Near-field array (NFA)
- Magnetic flux leakage (MFL)
- Internal rotating inspection system (IRIS) ultrasonic testing
Whatever the technology, the Ectane 2 can drive it without external boxes or clumsy connections.
The Ectane 2 can also drive partial saturation ECT probes and magnetic bias ECT probes with its onboard current source, and RPC probes with its motor drive.
Benefit 3 — Superior connectivity
BootP has always proven to be extremely cryptic and notoriously difficult to use. The Ectane 2 is designed to be plugged into your network and simply work. There’s no longer any need for BootP, which means you can be up and running in next to no time.