The MTG8 is the top of the range gauge with all the features and functionality necessary for measuring material thickness and velocity on virtually any material and for a wide range of applications.
As well as all the features of the MTG2, MTG4 and MTG6, the MTG8 allows users to store into memory up to three calibrations. Once saved the user can select a calibration memory without the need to re-calibrate the gauge, ideal for users who are measuring a variety of materials or thicknesses. Using the gauge’s alpha-numeric function, calibration memories can be re-named to suit the calibration setting.
The MTG8 has user definable upper and lower limits with audible and visual pass/fail warnings. Limits can be set for individual readings or for each batch. If a measurement is taken which falls outside set limits, the reading value and the limit icon turn red, the red LED flashes and the alarm beeps providing immediate indication of problem areas.
The MTG8 has Differential Mode; once a user defined nominal thickness value is set, the gauge displays the measured thickness together with the variation from the set nominal value thus indicating areas of the material which are thinner or thicker than expected.
The MTG8 offers B-Scan, a time based, cross sectional 2 dimensional graphical view of the material under test, ideal for relative depth analysis. The zoom of the B-Scan reading can either be set to automatic or can be defined by the user to focus on areas of interest.
The MTG8 can store 100,000 readings in up to 1,000 sequential or grid type batches. Using grid batching, readings are stored in a spreadsheet type format. The Obst feature, allows the user to record an obstruction within the grid.
Compatible with ElcoMaster®, PC & Mobile App, readings can be downloaded via USB or Bluetooth® to PC, iOS or Android™ devices for further analysis and reporting.
• Pulsed-Echo (P-E), Echo-Echo ThruPaint™ & Velocity (VM) measurement modes.
• 2-Point, 1-Point, Material, Velocity, Thickness Set and Factory calibration options.
• Three user programmable calibration memories.
• User selectable measurement rate; 4, 8, 16 readings per second.
• User selectable reading resolution; 0.1mm (0.01”) or 0.01mm (0.001”)
• Scan Mode.
• Readings, Selected Statistics, Bar Graph, Run Chart, B-Scan & Differential Mode.
• Gauge memory; stores 100,000 readings in up to 1,000 sequential or grid batches.
• User definable upper and lower limits with audible & visual pass/fail warnings.
• USB and Bluetooth® data output to ElcoMaster® and ElcoMaster®Mobile App.