Phoenix ISL – R-Evolution
R-Evolution is an ultrasonic array probe housed in a lightweight water-filled roller, delivering fast immersion quality C-scan inspections in the palm of your hand.
• Applications Typical applications for R-Evolution include.
• Aerospace – In-service c-scans, Bond Inspection, Delamination or defect detection in composites.
• Wind Energy – Blade spar, leading and trailing edge bond inspection.
• Pipelines and Vessels – Corrosion mapping, Bond testing on overlapping joints.
Ergonomic in design, R-Evolution contains an ultrasonic array probe, mounted in a small diameter, water-filled roller. With its durable thin tyre, high frequency probes can be used to give excellent near surface resolution enabling the inspection of thin components.
R-Evolution’s buggy self-normalises on curved surfaces ensuring the array is perpendicular without adjustment. The array angle can additionally be easily fine-tuned externally.
The buggy handle features two line lasers for guidance and buttons that can be configured with appropriate instruments to start, stop or increment scans.
R-Evolution has a single axis encoder for inspecting c-scan strips or can be attached to the Phoenix Tracer for a versatile and portable large area c-scan inspection system.
• Lightweight and ergonomic – < 1kg.
• High resolution with high frequencies – up to 10MHz.
• Self-normalises on curved components.
• Two guidance lasers mark the outer extents of the array.
• Compatible with Tracer for dual-axis, large area inspections.
• Indexing and start/pause buttons to interface with compatible instruments.