Model DCA 909 Charger
Easier charging/viewing, dosimeter protection and improved accuracy.. these are the biggest reasons that DCA’s Model 909 battery operated dosimeter charger is the best value on the market today.
The charger’s reading light reduces re-zeroing time and effort by eliminating the need to remove the dosimeter from the charger for reading. Simply view the scale while the dosimeter is resting lightly on the charger contact after rezeroing. Reading in the same orientation as charging also minimizes the effect that gravitational induced fiber movement has on dosimeter accuracy and precision.
The DCA Model 909 charging contact is spring-loaded and has a positive mechanical stop. This design feature makes it impossible to damage dosimeters through excessive charging force. The patented “kick” feature found on the DCA Model 909 Charger automatically removes residual static charge from the dosimeter’s charging pin every time the dosimeter is re-zeroed. This eliminates a major source of erroneous fiber movement (up to 5% of full scale).
• Capable of charging any self-reading dosimeter.
• Conforms to ANSI N42.6- 1980.
• Operates on one 1.5V “D” cell battery.
• Has the ability to “Kick” or remove all residual charge from dosimeters properly, which prevents spurious upscale fiber movement.
• Reading light to allow for easy charging/viewing.
• Residual static charge removed for improved accuracy.