Sometimes, knowing the exact ferrite content is essential. Especially wherever austenitic steels and duplex steels have to withstand heat, aggressive chemicals and/or high pressure. If the ferrite content is too low, for example in the area of weld seams, this can lead to a loss in strength. On the other hand, too-high ferrite content reduces corrosion resistance, toughness and ductility. But if you check the ferrite content with the FERITSCOPE® FMP30, you know for sure.
This handy instrument lets you measure the ferrite content anytime, anywhere – it’s fast, precise and non-destructive. The advantages of the robust handheld device come to the fore when used in chemical plants, energy plants and process engineering plants. The wide variety of Fischer probes makes it easy for you to measure the ferrite content, even if the spot is hard to reach. Just apply the probe; the FERITSCOPE® FMP30 does the rest.
- Robust handheld device for accurate ferrite content measurement, directly on site
- Simple operation via intuitive menu
- Large, easy-to-read display with extensive functions
- Locking keyboard to safeguard your settings
- Units can be switched between WRC-FN (ferrite number), Fe % (ferrite percent) and α-martensite % (forming martensite)
- Measurements according to the Basler standard
- After applying the probe, the measured value is automatically displayed and saved in the instrument
- Free-running display continuously shows measured values when probe is applied
- Various probes available for reliable ferrite content measurement, even in hard-to-reach places
- Data storage for up to 20,000 measured values and 100 applications
- Data transfer via Bluetooth or cable
- Easy evaluation of the measured values by Fischer’s own software, PC-DATEX and FISCHER DataCenter
- Just one calibration required for the entire measuring range
- Large selection of calibration standards for your measuring range
- Available as a fully functional module for the stationary measurement instrument MMS PC2
- Non-destructively (NDT) measure the ferrite content in the range of 0.1 – 80 % Fe or 0.1 – 110 FN (magnetic induction method)
- Ferrite content measurements on e.g. austenitic cladding or welds in stainless steel pipes, containers, boilers or other products made of austenitic or duplex steels
If you are interested in this product, please contact us!