DA-400 Series Contour Probes
DA-400 Contour Probe
The DA-400 Contour Probe is a portable, self-contained instrument designed to produce a magnetic field on or within ferro-magnetic materials.
– Versatility and powerful performance in a lightweight (8 lbs.) instrument
– Constant AC or pulsed DC fields with the flip of a switch for the location of surface and some sub-surface defects
– Apply continuous or residual magnetic fields and demagnetize too
– Use with dry powder, wet fluorescent or visible
– High impact molded housing
– One year repair/replacement guarantee
– Optional Y-400 Yoke Light where shown is available at additional cost
The selective AC and pulsed DC functions are built into a single reliable instrument. The AC mode produces an intense AC field for detection of surface defects and demagnetizing after inspection. The DC mode produces an intense pulsed DC field for detection of some subsurface defects.
Controls and solid-state electronics are contained within the high impact molded housing. Articulating legs allow the AC or DC field to be applied to the precise area of inspection on nearly any part of the surface shape… in the lab, factory or field site.
All Parker Contour Probes comply with the requirements of applicable specifications. Certified for European CE requirements.