One of Phoenix’s best-selling scanners, the MagScan can be used on everything from flat plate to pipes as small as 4” O/D. Its compact size means it can be set up by one operator and is suitable for phased array, TOFD, and corrosion mapping. The MagScan can be connected to the Phoenix MCPA motor controller.
The MagScan: a magnetic dual axis motorised scanner, is the ideal tool for corrosion mapping. The dual axis function allows for inspections such as raster scanning and for testing pipe to elbow welds, and any flat or curved surfaces.
Suitable for inspections using TOFD, pulse-echo or phased array techniques, the MagScan is fully encoded, offers a range of stroke lengths, and holds up to 6 ultrasonic transducers.
Local motion control for the MagScan is via PC Link software package. PC Link allows a choice of scan patterns, movement parameters, acceleration and speed settings. Other options available for the MagScan include the use of a chain guide and peristaltic pump.
• Strong magnetic wheels allow for use on painted surfaces.
• High speed inspection (up to 40mm/sec).
• Inspects pipe diameters from 4”O/D up to flat.
• Scanning arm adjustable up to 250mm.
• Compact (227mm x 198mm x 126mm) and lightweight (5kg).
• Quick release probe adjustment.
• Manual toggle switch enables quick setups.
• Servo constant speed control.
• Phased Array, Corrosion Mapping and TOFD assessment.
• Two axes for raster scan inspection.
• Simultaneous phased array and TOFD inspection.
• Operates in any orientation.
• Holds up to 6 probes.
• Probes independently sprung and gimballed.
• Probes can be positioned to any PCS.
• Integrated couplant and probe manifold.
• For use with any instrumentation or motor controller.
• Laser or chain guide option.
• IP66 rated.
• ASME code compliant.