Phoenix ISL – SAW BUG
SAW Bug is a motorised, magnetic-wheeled buggy that can carry up to six ultrasonic TOFD and/or phased array transducers. It is designed for the single axis inspection of circumferential welds on carbon steel pipelines from 4”OD up to flat.
With a four-wheel drive system, the magnetic buggy has excellent grip and drive power and delivers constant speed whether ascending or descending the inspection surface.
The standard SAW Bug holds four transducers: typically two phased array and two TOFD probes but can accommodate up to six probes. Its compact design makes it adaptable for the inspection of a wide range of welds from 4” OD pipes up to large vessels.
The single axis motor is controlled via a simple remote handset offering forward and reverse drive options and variable speed control for the non-steerable magnetic wheels. The motor power unit includes an emergency stop for safety and outputs the live motor encoder signals directly for connection to any industry standard instrumentation.
SAW Bug incorporates many of the proven features of the Phoenix MagScan with the package streamlined for a much lower price point for the automated inspection of welds.
• Low cost automated single axis inspection.
• Quick to setup and operate.
• User-friendly operation with simple control handset.
• Compatible with all instruments with encoding capabilities.
• Powerful four wheel drive system gives excellent grip and performance to overcome small obstructions.
• Laser guide for alignment.
• No tools required, simple to adjust probe position with thumbscrews.
• Compact, low profile design: 200 x 220 x 120mm.
• Lightweight at only four kilograms.
• Range: 4” OD up to flat.
• Speed adjustable from 5-100mm/sec.
• Compact motor controller for easy transportation.
• Holds up to six probes.
• Quick release probe adjustment.
• Probes independently sprung and gimballed.
• Robust construction for site conditions.
• Strong magnetic wheels for use on painted surfaces.